Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Earwig's Delight: Underwear Partay

I was sitting on the train attempting to read, when an overly loud (but fascinating) phone conversation assaulted me and everyone else in a two car vicinity. The offender was a thirty something man, with big cushy headphones over a baseball hat and a cell phone ear attachment. It went something like this:

“Dude. What are you doing this weekend? Nothin? Well I’ve got three words for you: under…wear…party.”
….
“Five floors. Girls in underwear. Ten bucks to get in. You in?”

“I don’t know man, my girl got VIP passes or some shit.”

“Ummm, it’s an underwear party dude. It’s ten bucks, half naked girls, five floors…F*ck yeah, I’m going. Now what about you?”
...
“So…what you’re sayin is, you’d rather sit at your boy’s house instead of going to an underwear party and get p*ssy. I’m talkin’ insane p*ssy. Crazy amounts of p*ssy.”
….
“OK, lemme put it to you another way. Dude…SHUT UP. Let me put it to you another way. You know how crazy it is when I go out in White Plains and have like three drinks? FIVE FLOORS SON.”

“Ten bucks…p*ssy!”

(here the conductor swiftly approached and asked him to keep it down, as the morning commuting zombies were actually defrosting and twitching in rage at this burst of immoral, dirty debauchery. After pausing and asking two 12 year old boys next to him if they had fake IDs and were interested in attending the party and showing them photos of his ‘girl’ from last year’s underwear fest, he called his friend back, much to my delight).

“So. Underwear party. You going? Dude, that’s why you drink before you go. We’ll get a bottle. We’ll get a few forties. We’ll get on the train. We’ll get RI.DIC.U.LOUS.”

“Why is everyone having such a problem with this? It’s ten bucks. Underwear. P*ssy dude. It’s going to be out of control!”

“Fine. Don’t go. I guess I’ll just take a load of pictures so you can say…John…you were right.”
...
“So, wanna get some beers and go fishing?”

7 comments:

  1. I love NY...

    Why do I live in such a boring country????
    I love the part when he was trying to convince the poor kids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josep, what are you talking about, boring?! Why, just this morning I saw a NAKED man walking along the street! And also saw three tourists getting ROBBED! Yesterday I saw a British tourist puking in the street, and today a local peeing up against a wall! Now THAT is excitement!!! Too bad the government wants to take all our fun away by giving people fines now for peeing and spitting in public. With all this "civisme", I'm going to have to be very careful planning my next underwear party! (And it'll be TWO floors... if I can get the old lady downstairs in on it.. she looks like a goer, you just have to make sure you close the gate all the way on your way out....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh em gee. That might be the best conversation of all time. I can't believe he was having trouble convincing his friend to go...It's simple logic.
    Five floors of girls in underwear > most things

    RI.DIC.U.LOUS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know why the girl in the white dress with hot pink underwear got all the attention at my recent high school reunion from middle aged men who could barely take their eyes off the outfit.. Underwear, dude! It's all in the underwear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get what the big deal is about underwear. Was just looking through my underwear drawer and all I see is giant cotton threadbare undies with burn marks, sweat stains and elastic that's seen better years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who even thinks about whether they should go or not to an underwear party? It's both a no brainer and a no pantser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in!!
    I've never heard of such a thing.
    Over here we have 'school disco' parties, which is as pervy as it gets, pig tails, short skirts, long socks. And that's just the men.

    Mind you, a lot of girls don't wear much for the average night out in Essex.

    Fantastic earwigging, very funny, really enjoyed that one!

    ReplyDelete